Cal-Tron Corporation History
Hydropak (later to become Cal-Tron) was started in 1939 in Los Angeles by Clarence Pool. At that point, the primary business was producing rubber and transfer molded plastic components to be used in the hydraulics of military aircraft. Mr. Pool was instrumental in the development of hydraulics in military aircraft. He had parts in every airplane produced during this time.
As the years passed, the business evolved into injection molding. In 1956, at the age of 19, Dan Pool became involved full-time in the business, which was now located in Pico Rivera, California.
In 1963, Cal-Tron was incorporated with Clarence Pool as President and Dan Pool as Vice President/General Manager.
During many vacations to the Mammoth Lakes area, the groundwork was laid for a move from the Los Angeles basin to Bishop. This move was completed in April, 1970. During this time, Dan Pool became President and Clarence Pool retired from the day-to-day operations. He continued to maintain a sales office in the Los Angeles area.
In 1989, Karen Leatham, Dan Pool’s daughter, became the third generation to join the business. She started in the Customer Service Department and was promoted to the position of Operations Manager in the fall of 1992.
We have produced components for such items as instrument panels for various aircraft, high tech computer parts for leading edge disk drive manufacturers and precision medical devices. We continue to be prime suppliers to Raytheon Missiles Systems, Aerojet Rocketdyne, Parker Hannifin, Rockwell Collins and Northrop Grumman, to name a few.
Cal-Tron remains dedicated to continuous improvement in both customer satisfaction and quality. A tradition handed down from our founder, Clarence Pool.